Did you know that we are licensed to buy and sell homes in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.? To help you spend your lottery winnings, we’ve put together a list of the 5 Most Lavish Estates in the Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C. area.
Check out these modern-day palaces … and, if you can afford to take one of them home, we’d certainly love to help you! 😉
1) Leading the pack at a cool $70 MILLION DOLLARS is the first-time offering of Oak Spring Farm, Paul & Bunny Mellon’s 2,000 acre Upperville estate. One of the most beautiful properties in all of America with rolling pastures & mountain views. Home to Kentucky Derby winner, Sea Hero. Private Air Strip. 2 stables with 43 stalls. 3 primary residences, 20+ cottages, multiple barns, shops, extraordinary gardens & greenhouses. Note: None of these amenities are a typo.
3) Oakendale: One of Middleburg’s foremost country estates totaling 837 acres of rolling land. The 6 bedroom residence built in the 1930’s with stunning views is located in the Orange Co. Hunt. Other improvements: 2 stone guest cottages, office, greenhouse, garage/studio, pool, pool house, stables & charming log cabin.
2) If $70 Million is a little over your budget (and Georgian estates just aren’t your style), you can always purchase the Chateau La Vie in McLean. This is Versailles. This is Chateau La Vie. And we know it sounds crazy, but with all the modern ammeneties (and a Beauty and the Beast Library that rivals England’s Blenheim), we have to say that we’d rather live at the Chateau La Vie! Anyone have $28 million we can borrow? Anyone? 🙂
Must see inside! (No really — you MUST!)
3) DEAL ALERT!!! Was listed at $23 million, but the price has been reduced to $16 million!!! If you’re considering a second home out in the country, you might want to consider The Cove, a self-sustaining Estate in Hume, VA. It only has 1,000 acres, 30 rooms and a 3500 bottle wine cellar & wine tasting room, though. So, if that’s not enough space for you, maybe the Carriage house with additonal 6 bay garage & living quarters, tenant house, 3 ponds, and pool might sweeten the deal.
4) Own your own White House! One of Washington DC’s great estates, Fessenden House exemplifies the finest in Neoclassical architecture. The magnificent estate is defined by grand scale entertaining & refined living while providing a beautiful home for relaxation, recreation & contemplation. Designed by Leon Chatelain & built by Gibson Builders, the construction of Fessenden House is unsurpassed in the Washington area.
5) If an ornate Italian Villa is more your style, then this magnificent $15 million 9 bedroom, 12 full bath, 3 half bath home is for you! Marble, ornate moldings, frescos, wine cellar, even a terrace with a pizza oven!. Large, gated lot with parking for 10+ cars & a 3 car garage. Exterior features beautiful landscaping, pool and terrace w/ pizza oven.
Looking for your own dream home? Whether your budget is $70 Million, or $700,000, we would love to help you find (or sell) your personal estate in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C.! (We also know realtors all across the country, and can connect you with a great one if you are moving out of state or back into the country!).
Happy House Hunting!
Your Redux Realty Team